Close the Loop Is Hiring
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Systems Administrator
As a leading global recycler, serving our community and creating a more sustainable tomorrow: Close the Loop is in need of a dynamic, results-driven, System Administrator to become part of our IT Team.
The System Administrator position interacts with all levels of staff and report to the IT manager supporting the technology requirements of the Hebron, KY facility. This position will also but not limited to:
- Ensure the functionality of technology systems and provide systems uptime.
- Provide technological support for manufacturing and entire Hebron location.
- Regularly maintain and address hardware issues, server management, train new users, install, configure, and support IT infrastructure, security, local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN).
- Maintain, manage, and report on network hardware, software and licensing.
- Author and maintain documentation as well as enforce IT procedures.
All work must be conducted in accordance with the requirements of Close the Loop’s management system and documented procedures.
Reports To: IT Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
System Administrator Job Duties: (Actual duties and responsibilities may vary as a result of corporate directives, departmental objectives and special projects, in addition to the duties outlined below.)
- Responsible for maintaining IT infrastructure including: MFP (Printers), computers and peripheral equipment, servers, routers, switches, cabling/wiring, firewalls, phones, and wireless devices.
- Support IT software systems including: VMWare VSphere, Hyper-V, Veeam, QuickBooks, FileMaker Server, FileMaker Clients, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft applications, UPS WorldShip.
- Responsible for active patch management, BIOS, firmware, and updates.
- Perform and report on network security monitoring and threat management findings.
- Proactively develop Microsoft Group Policy (GPO) structure for users and computers. Design/manage group policies.
- Develop and implement ITIL policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, VPN, backups, and maintain documentation and document audits.
- Document and manage network map and asset lists.
- Periodically train users on security awareness, software and equipment usage.
- Responsible for daily/monthly/annual procedures and backups of the server systems. Flexible schedule is crucial for this position, includes occasional weekends and/or outside normal business hours.
- Maintain and respond quickly to helpdesk ticket system, resolving hardware and software issues in a timely manner. Provide monthly reports surrounding asset management, trouble tickets, issue resolution and identify trends and trouble hotspots to reduce costs.
- Consult with IT manager and department heads to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives. Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Monitor and manage network traffic (Solarwinds / Wireshark).
- Manage disparate camera systems including updates and firmware.
- Light FileMaker, SQL scripting and some database administration.
- Perform other tasks and complete miscellaneous IT related projects and assignments.
- Remain current on technology, processes, methods and technology trends.
Qualifications and Requirement:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Integrity, honesty, and self-starter.
- Critical thinking abilities and exceptional diagnostic skills
- Experience with Windows 2016 Server Administration AD, DHCP, DNS, Security and Group Policy
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise
- Exception verbal and written communication skills to ensure appropriate communication both internally and externally
- Skills to articulate and accurately document procedures, instructions and findings
- Experience with Spiceworks helpdesk asset management
- Fortinet Fortigate, FortiAP, Forticlient experience a plus (not mandatory)
- Proficiency with FileMaker Pro, FM Advances, and FM Server to maintain and diagnose maintenance issues a plus (not mandatory)
- Experience with SSO, AAA, Federated Services and MDM a plus (not mandatory)
- Working knowledge of VPN, FTP, Citrix, VDI, and Thin/Zero Clients, a plus (not mandatory)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relative experience in a related IT field.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in system administration/IT support; MCSE or MCSM (or equivalent) preferred
- CCNA, Net +, Security + or equivalent certification required
- Exceptional diagnostic skills
- Communication skills, both oral and written.
- Positive, Team player
- Creative – Not afraid to innovate
- Deskside support position with regular exposure to a dusty factory environment, including loud noises, toner dust, and airborne particles present.
- Physical requirements include the ability to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, reach and climb
- Position requires the ability to regularly lift 10-40 pounds and occasionally lift to 50 pounds.
- Factory areas may experience lack of climate control in summer/winter.
Exemption Status: Exempt (Salary)
- Attitude, Integrity, and peer perception
- Accomplishment of set goals, including documentation, organization, and project timeliness.
- Performance in areas of responsibility (including internal audit performance)
- Problem solving accomplishments (Innovation and technical creativity)
- Effectiveness of customer support
- Accuracy of reports and document management